- About Me: I go by the name Nixie. I don't claim to be a psychic or a medium, I'm just trying to refine my abilities, including the spiritually based ones. This is just an account of what I've done and what I'm going through. Sometimes it helps to write down one's journey, even if it doesn't start at the beginning.
- Favorite Books: I'll stick to my favorites, I guess. My absolute favorite book of all time is "Blood and Chocolate" by Annette Curtis Klause. I also quite enjoyed the Magravandias Series by Storm Constantine (I really need to pick up more of her books); "Silent Night" by Richard Laymon; "You Come When I Call You", "Naomi", and "The Hour Before Dark" by Douglas Clegg; The entire Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong; and "It" by Stephen King. I like a lot of books, but those are probably the ones I love the most, in no particular order.
- Favorite Authors: Douglas Clegg is my favorite author by far. He's a remarkable person and his work is phenomenal. Every word is written with purpose and each story leaves you thinking. I also frequently read Kelley Armstrong's work, as well as works by Edgar Allan Poe, Richard Laymon, Charles Dickens, Storm Constantine, Avi, and Ellen Schreiber. I like a lot of other authors, but I haven't read as many of their works. If you really want to talk about this, I will happily recommend you some books and authors.
- Favorite Genres: Horror, General Fiction, Science Fiction, Fantasy, and I adore the Classics.... I'll basically read anything that isn't a western.
- Favorite Characters: In "Blood and Chocolate" by Annette Curtis Klause, my favorite character is probably Gabriel, or maybe Finn. Finn doesn't have a big role, but I adore him and his brother. I love a lot of characters in that book, but if I ever have a child, and it's a girl, I'd love to name her Vivienne. It's a variation on the name of the main character, I would love it if my daughter was a strong individual who's path in life led her to be a wiser person than I could ever be. As for other favorite characters, I loved Khaster, Tayven, and Ellony (the child) in the Magravandias Series by Storm Constantine. I forever adore Xavier, a minor character from Kelley Armstrong's series. Xavier appears in the werewolf books. I was really into Jason and Rhys in Laurel K. Hamilton's series', Anita Blake Series and Merry Gentry Series respectively. Read the early books if you want to see the characters I fell in love with. I have a hard time connecting to female characters for some reason,....
- Favorite Quotes: This isn't an exact quotation because I don't have the book sitting in front of me. It's from one of Kelley Armstong's Women of the Otherworld books, I believe. It's one with Jaime in it. It went something like: "Hello?" I called out, as if someone was going to pop up from their hiding place and say, "I was hiding in preparation to kill you, but since you caught me, nevermind."
- Recent Reads: I read so much. This month, the month of February in 2013 (because I doubt I will update this THAT much) I've been all over "Little Women and Werewolves" by Porter Grand, "Wraeththu" by Storm Constantine, and various stories and poems for my English classes (namely "The Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe)
- Favorite Cuisine: I'm going to go with an overall of Asian or Asian-Style food. I'm also a big fan of trying traditional and national dishes of places I would like to visit, such as France, Canada, Norway, Sweden, and Greece (just to list a few)
- Favorite Dishes: Pho, Cool Noodles, Macaroni and Cheese, Chinese-style Chicken Soup, Spinach Pies, Stuffed Baked Potatoes, Sushi, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Potato Pancakes, Crepes with Apple Butter or other things, and Salmon <---- Just some of my favorites
- Favorite Desserts: Pumpkin-anything. Serious. I can't get enough of pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin eggnog.... Just go with pumpkin-stuff, delicious, delcious pumpkin-stuff ..... Also, I like most kinds of cheesecake, ice cream, and I like key lime pie
- Favorite Drinks: Right now, it's water with fruit added to it. Yummy. I also like tea, namely Oolong tea or other kinds of awesome teas. I need to find a rose petal tea. Those are really good.
- Favorite Junk Foods: I could go for a cheeseburger every now and again. I also like pizza.
- Best meal ever: For dinner? A spinach pie with a side of broccoli cheese soup, some latkes, and some pumpkin cheesecake for dessert,... coupled with some good conversation. Company sometimes makes the meal.
- My Original Recipes: Most of my recipes are just throwing stuff together from the cabinet. It usually turns out pretty well. I have a great twist on my family's goulash.
- Favorite Restaurants: Pho 95, Wild Sushi, McAlister's and Panera
- Foods I hate: Sausage (or hot dogs), Pork Chops, Food that's too spicy, Pineapples, Fried Chicken, Chicken Noodle Soup, plain Tomato Soup, French Fries and Anchovies on pizza (yuck)
- Favorite Movies: How could I possibly list this? Stephen King's It, Rose Red, Attack of the Giant Shrews, Up, Wolfman (classic and the remake), The ENTIRE Amityville Horror series including the remake, Poltergeist, The Swan Princess, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, The Frog Princess, The Hunchback of Notredame, Aristocats, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (original and remake), The Orphanage, Paranormal Activity (namely the first and third one), Jaws, The Exorcist, Jurassic Park, Pan's Labrynith, The Labrynith, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland (the original and the remake, again - I adore the Cheshire Cat), Beetlejuice, You Again, and I'll end this with The Ace Ventura Pet Detective movies,.... I really like watching movies
- Favorite Actors: Tim Curry, Jim Carrey, Adrien Brody (I adored him in Splice), Betty White, Maggie Smith, and Julie Andrews
- Favorite Directors: Tim Burton!
- Favorite Genre: Horror, but I also adore kid's movies and comedies,... Everything else is usually fine (unless it's a western) but this is was I gravitate toward
- Favorite Soundtracks: Nightmare Before Christmas, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notredame, The Labrynith, and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
- Movie Quotes I say all the time: I'm not really sure what I quote from movies,... most of my quotes are from internet videos .... I do say "Get Out" in a strained voice like the demon from Amityville Horror a lot, lol
- Movies I can watch over and over: Most Disney movies actually
- Actor that would play me in a movie: I would want them to pick someone talented and obscure. No one we know of as famous today.
- Favorite Artists: I like a lot of bands and such, like Oomph!, Marilyn Manson, Icon of Coil, Avenged Sevenfold, Wednesday 13, Sonata Arctica, and The Used, but I don't lay claim to any favorites.
- Favorite Albums: Sonata Arctica's "Reckoning Night" and Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid the Omniscient"
- Favorite Genre: Rock, Metal, Foreign pop and rock songs. Alternative.... Lots of good stuff
- Favorite Songs: None are coming to mind. I like a lot of songs, I remember the lyrics to a lot of songs, but I tend to be fickle about my favorites.
- Favorite Lyrics: "Raven's land upon her hair; clouds a drift on her skin; a smile that tugs upon my soul; whispers gently in my ear .." It's a Voltaire song that I think is called "Raven's Land" and I THINK that's how the lyrics go.
- Songs for Roadtrips: A wide variety is the key
- Songs I hate: Country Songs. All of them...... Okay, maybe not all of them, I can actually stand a few of the older songs,.... but yeah
- Guilty Pleasure: Singing songs from musicals at work
- Songs I repeat the most: "Sweet Transvestite" from Rocky Horror Picture Show; "Ziltoid Attaxx", "By Your Command", and "Planet Smasher" by Devin Townsend; and I'm really into singing older songs like "Werewolf" and "Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band; "Lola" by the Kinks; Any David Bowie song I know, and "Monster Mash" (no idea who sings it)
- Band I wish I was in: I'm not musically inclined
- Where I shop: Thrift Stores, Antique Malls, Spencer's, Hot Topic, Online Stores, Anywhere that has clothes I want to buy
- Brands I love: Levi <--- they need to make more black jeans though
- I like to wear: Black with bright colors, boots, gloves, yarnfalls, things with skulls or skeletal designs on them, stuff with animals on them, tie-dye, things I find to be unique, nothing too form-fitting.
- Can't live without: Unique sense of expression
- Prized Possessions: Clothing/Style Wise? My yarnfalls. I made all of them.
- Guilty Pleasure: Corsets
- Favorite Shows: Ruby Gloom, Ahh! Real Monsters, Baby's First Day, Make Room For Multiples, Grimm, Lost Girl, Face-Off, Unsolved Mysteries, The Haunted, Documentaries, Cheesy Movies on Sci-Fi, A Haunting, and Ugly Americans
- Favorite Channels: History, National Geographic, Sci-Fi, TLC (don't judge me), and Animal Planet
- Favorite Reruns: A Haunting always has interesting stuff on it, even when you've watched it a hundred times.
- Most Addictive Show: Face-Off
- Favorite Late Night Talk Show: Conan, I guess
- Favorite Episode: An American Werewolf in America is my favorite episode from Ugly Americans
- Characters you relate to: Mr. Buns from Ruby Gloom! Lol, Just kidding, I don't really know.
- Favorite Theme Song: Angry Beavers' theme song
- Show I Secretly Watch: All the baby shows that come on
- Show I wished wasn't cancelled: Dead Like Me
- Places I love: Iowa, Missouri, Canada.... I love a lot of places so it's extremely hard for me to narrow this down
- Places I've been: Most of the Midwestern states, Ontario, Canada.... Oklahoma and Texas
- Places to see before I die: Maine, more Canada, Lake Erie, Alaska and Norway are places I MUST see before I die, if I can help it
- Dream Vacation: A few weeks traveling around Norway
- Games I Play: I don't have a system but I LOVE the Left 4 Dead games
- Consoles: I don't have one but I should probably get an XBox 360
- Favorite Characters: Ellis and Zoe .... Harley Quinn is epic in the Batman Asylum game, not to mention The Riddler from the same game
- Gaming Alias: I don't have one
- Servers I Play On: None, for the moment
- Favorite Classic Arcade Games: I don't know,... pinball? ... >.> Atari
- Most Addictive: Left 4 Dead 2
- Proudest Achievements: Played Left 4 Dead 2 on normal,... go me lol
- Favorite Soundtrack: I don't play enough games to enjoy the soundtracks
- Clans: Ummmm >.> No idea
More About Me
- Nicknames: Nix
- Nationality: American, though I have heretiage within other nationalities
- Religion: Christian-based but more Spiritual and Liberal with my beliefs
- Heroes: Douglas Clegg (a fantastic author), Both of my Aunts (for one is spiritual and goes with what she believes is right and the other is generous and a great person), my Mom (best I've ever had, lol), my animal totem and spirit guide Angora, my guardian angels who shall rename unnamed for now, and my paternal grandma, Grandma Betty (she was a remarkable woman and I wish I had the chance to get to know her better)
- Interests: Meditation, Spirituality, being Balanced, Animals, the Paranormal (who wouldn't be?), Nature, Obscure religions, Children, Honesty, Gothic Attire, Hippie Attire, Music, Reading, Writing, Movies, I'm fairly introverted but I have the ability to enjoy my life this way.
- Expertise: Some Empathy, I think I have potential for medium related activities based on past experiences, Healing on a small scale, Protection, Spiritual Exploration,... I'm also pretty good at writing fiction, though I won't be doing that here.
- Occupation: Retail Sales Associate and Novelist
- School Name: Haltom High School
- Status: Alumni
- Class of: 2008
- Attended: 2006 - 2008
- Name: ulvenNixie
- Location: North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
- Gender: Female
- Member Since: 4/24/2012